Welcome to the Inanimate Objects FAQ and articles directory. Here’s your chance to learn the secrets to making custom figures of your very own. If your question is not answered on this page, ask Casimir.
Q: How long has the site been open?
A: Inanimate Objects has been proudly operating since April, 2003. (read on...)
Site Update: June 3, 2018 Who Ya Gonna Call?
The Ghostbusters are hiring! And Inanimate Objects got the job! Well, sort of. I expanded the population of the shelf, at any rate. New stuff: Marshmallow Ghostbusters Dana Barrett Harley Quinn Ghostbuster Janine Melnitz (Ghostbusters 2) Dr. Peter Venkman Enjoy! Casimir June 2018 (read on...)
Who is Casimir? Cason Pilliod’s background lies in theatrical and film design. He received his Bachelors in theatre design from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. While there, he interned on the set of “Sesame Street” in New York, where he constructed props for puppets, prepared puppets for the camera, and generally assisted the puppeteers. Further design work includes props and sets for Austin area children’s theatres (“Outlaw Puss in Cowboy Boots,” “Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing”), as well as local film productions (“Home Fries”). Cason has also appeared in numerous films and commercials as a Swing dancer, and co-founded the (now defunct) Swing dance troupe Hop Up. Following a position at Microsoft in Dallas and a stint in real estate, Cason now works for a national advertising agency as a production artist.
What’s with all the toys? Casimir has been collecting and making toys since he was just knee-high. Even as an adult he still has his vintage Star Wars and Sesame Street collections. Being a creative individual, expanding and adding to the collections with his own works was never a difficulty. The customs on this site are the result of a love of the hobby and toys in general.
Where else can I see Casimir’s work? Over the years, Casimir’s customs have appeared in numerous print publications, including multiple issues of Lee’s Action Figure News and Tomart’s Action Figure Digest (winner 2005 Figure Design Contest). For those in the Dallas area, he can sometimes be found visiting Zeus Toys and Comics, where his custom toys have been known to go on display from time to time. To read interviews with Casimir, please see the Secrets Revealed page. He’s also a contributor to AFHub. And visit Inanimate Object’s sister site Animated DC Universe Comics. You can also find his work on Facebook, Instagram, and Deviantart.
Can I purchase or commission a custom? Casimir rarely accepts commissions, and usually only those of “real” people, such as as wedding cake toppers. You’re welcome to ask, but don’t be disappointed if the answer is “no.” (And here’s why.)
How do I contact Casimir? Your comments, questions and criticisms are always welcome. If you have a question about making customs, be sure to visit the Secrets Revealed section. Many questions about how to make your own figures are answered there. For all other inquiries, praise or criticism, please feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org. And Inanimate Objects is now on Facebook! And Instagram, too!
- Block Figures
- Arkham Asylum Cell Walls And Back Wall (11" X 17") (629.3 KiB)
- Arkham Asylum Cell walls and construction notes (8½" x 11") (3.1 MiB)
- Back to the Future backdrop (2.5 MiB)
- Batcave (1989 Movie) Screens (290.7 KiB)
- Batcave Computer Keyboard (50.1 KiB)
- Batcave Computer Screen (108.4 KiB)
- Buffy Library (12.9 MiB)
- Christmastown backdrop (1.2 MiB)
- DCD Batcomputer Large Screen (743.9 KiB)
- DCD Batcomputer Small Screen (75.1 KiB)
- Fortress Of Solitude "Orb Of Krypton" Emblem (29.0 KiB)
- Fortress Of Solitude Computer Keyboard (46.2 KiB)
- Fortress Of Solitude Computer Screen (107.2 KiB)
- Fortress Of Solitude Zoo Construction Photos And Notes (5.0 MiB)
- Fortress Of Solitude Zoo Floor (66.9 KiB)
- Fortress Of Solitude Zoo Walls (1.8 MiB)
- Jack Skellington's Lab art (1.4 MiB)
- Poison Ivy's kitchen (443.4 KiB)
- Serenity backdrop (2.1 MiB)
- Villain Lair United Underworld Wall (817.2 KiB)