Welcome to the Inanimate Objects FAQ and articles directory. Here’s your chance to learn the secrets to making custom figures of your very own. If your question is not answered on this page, ask Casimir.
Q: What about semi-gloss sprays?
A: When the figure is fully painted, I apply a coat of Dull Cote fist, followed by a very light dusting of Testors semi-gloss. This give the figure just a tiny shine, enough to make it look like manufactured plastic, preserving the illusion! (read on...)
The Scooter Connection
Finally.. It’s time for some Casimir history. I’ve been making and modifying toys all my life, but I didn’t pursue it with serious intent until about ten years ago. At the time, I had just returned from my stint on Sesame Street in New York, and was back to designing (read on...)
Who is Casimir? Cason Pilliod’s background lies in theatrical and film design. He received his Bachelors in theatre design from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. While there, he interned on the set of “Sesame Street” in New York, where he constructed props for puppets, prepared puppets for the camera, and generally assisted the puppeteers. Further design work includes props and sets for Austin area children’s theatres (“Outlaw Puss in Cowboy Boots,” “Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing”), as well as local film productions (“Home Fries”). Cason has also appeared in numerous films and commercials as a Swing dancer, and co-founded the (now defunct) Swing dance troupe Hop Up. Following a position at Microsoft in Dallas and a stint in real estate, Cason now works for a national advertising agency as a production artist.
What’s with all the toys? Casimir has been collecting and making toys since he was just knee-high. Even as an adult he still has his vintage Star Wars and Sesame Street collections. Being a creative individual, expanding and adding to the collections with his own works was never a difficulty. The customs on this site are the result of a love of the hobby and toys in general.
Where else can I see Casimir’s work? Over the years, Casimir’s customs have appeared in numerous print publications, including multiple issues of Lee’s Action Figure News and Tomart’s Action Figure Digest (winner 2005 Figure Design Contest). For those in the Dallas area, he can sometimes be found visiting Zeus Toys and Comics, where his custom toys have been known to go on display from time to time. To read interviews with Casimir, please see the Secrets Revealed page. He’s also a contributor to AFHub. And visit Inanimate Object’s sister site Animated DC Universe Comics. You can also find his work on Facebook, Instagram, and Deviantart.
Can I purchase or commission a custom? Casimir rarely accepts commissions, and usually only those of “real” people, such as as wedding cake toppers. You’re welcome to ask, but don’t be disappointed if the answer is “no.” (And here’s why.)
How do I contact Casimir? Your comments, questions and criticisms are always welcome. If you have a question about making customs, be sure to visit the Secrets Revealed section. Many questions about how to make your own figures are answered there. For all other inquiries, praise or criticism, please feel free to email at email@example.com. And Inanimate Objects is now on Facebook!
- Block Figures
- Animated Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) Emblem (19.0 KiB)
- Animated Batgirl Emblem (13.6 KiB)
- Animated Booster Gold emblem (12.3 KiB)
- Animated Brave New Metropolis Emblem (32.8 KiB)
- Animated Captain Atom Emblem (17.4 KiB)
- Animated Robin Emblem (14.9 KiB)
- Animated Supergirl Emblem (24.5 KiB)
- Animated Superman Emblem (36.0 KiB)
- Aresia Belt (12.2 KiB)
- Arkham Guard logo (27.7 KiB)
- Arkham Inmate logo large (50.8 KiB)
- Arkham Inmate logo small (30.9 KiB)
- Atom Eve Emblem (16.6 KiB)
- Atom Smasher Emblem (25.2 KiB)
- Black Condor Emblem (14.4 KiB)
- Catman Emblem (17.6 KiB)
- Dark Claw belt (8.8 KiB)
- Dark Claw stripes (7.1 KiB)
- DCD 1950s Batman emblem (16.9 KiB)
- DCD Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) Emblem (20.1 KiB)
- General Eiling's Medals and Stars (72.2 KiB)
- Green Lantern: Hal Jordan (22.5 KiB)
- Green Lantern: Katma Tui (JL) (16.2 KiB)
- Green Lantern: Katma Tui (JLU) (16.0 KiB)
- Green Lantern: Kilowog (20.0 KiB)
- Green Lantern: Kyle Rayner (JLU) (18.6 KiB)
- Green Lantern: Soranik Natu (18.0 KiB)
- Green Lantern: Spol (22.8 KiB)
- Kitsune Emblem (13.0 KiB)
- Question's Clue (23.7 KiB)
- Sparrow emblem (24.1 KiB)
- Stargirl's Sleeve Star (11.3 KiB)
- Stargirl's Torso Star (12.3 KiB)
- Uncle Sam's Hat Stars (25.0 KiB)